Wednesday 19 April 2017

Get To Know You Interview - Holly J Gill




Book Questions

Tell us your latest news?

I am currently working on two books that are with editors Innocence BK1 a sexual tension and Destiny BK 1an erotic billionaire romance and at the same time I’m writing new erotic stories.


What book are you reading now?

Pretty Mask by C.A. Bell which is due for release soon


Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next?

Difficult question. I don’t think they ever leave the back of my mind. Yet, I easily adapt to new characters that are trying to reform and drive me crazy
Are the names of the characters in your novels important?

Yes, I like the name to fit the faces I use.
What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

Stay in the real world. Keep your feet on the ground. I find sometimes talking to friends and working at the day job helps.

What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?


I don’t think I have ever really come across anything, only bad reviews which I ignore. I think it’s more about people who like to make a joke of it in a hurtful way, but again I just laugh it off and walk away.

How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

Ignore it and move on. It’s ones persons view. We are all entitled to have different opinions. (Ok want to zap them)


What was the hardest part of writing your book?

This all depends on which book we’re referring to. For Innocence which is due for release soon it’s the emotional aspect of the novel, each scene leads to something more devastating, more tears, leaving you gasping your breath. Even after not reading this book for a while, and knowing what is about to occur it still chokes me, even the editor said ‘this is one hell of an emotion ride.’

For my erotic novels it has to be the sex, making sure it’s not repeated and keeping it scorching.


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Not putting the sex scenes in every chapter, although this depends on what you’re writing. I got told off a number of times for Desires having too much sex. Hello! ‘it’s a sex club, what happens in a sex club? Sex’ 


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

In All That We Are, yes a bog message, bullies are nasty, evil and need a dose of their own medicine. Bullies are cowards and only pick on people who are weaker than them. Bullying is not acceptable in any shape or form whether its social media, in public, texts, conversations, it lowers people confidence. I for I, know exactly how it feels and in this book the acts that Holly tells us, happened in real.


Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?

Holly in All That We Are there are some scenes that are me. I stole things that happened to me as a teenager to put in this novel.
Describe in 5 words, your writing:

Erotic, Romantic, Sexy. Emotional. Page turners
What do you use to write your book?

Laptop, but have a notepad in handbag when out and about.
Do you listen to music while you write or read?

Yes and no, depending on where I am or if the neighbour is playing up.
If you could write with any other author(s) who would it be and why?

C.A. Bell




NON- BOOK QUESTIONS

When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

Midwife


Did/Do you have a nickname?

Divvy Holly

What are your pet peeves?

My neighbour

What is your favourite coffee shop drink?

I don’t drink coffee.

What's your favourite tv show?

White Collar

What is your favourite kind of cookie?

Bounty

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have and why?

Hubby, as he’s clever and would know how to survive.

Food, I love to eat.

Books, just to do plenty of reading.


Where would you go if you had a time machine?

To when my babies were small

Which is your favorite quote?

Live, love, Life

If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be?

toffee

What song best describes you?

Goodbye, Spice Girls



THIS OR THAT

Pepsi or Coke

Don’t like either.

Cows or Sheep

Cows

. Castle or Town house

Castle

City or Country

country

Lover or Fighter

Lover

Pop or Rock Music

Both

80’s or 90’s
80’s

Singing or dancing


dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment