Thursday 20 April 2017

Get to know you interview with KL Shandwick





Book Questions

Tell us your latest news?
  I've been really busy sorting out books for signings both in the UK and in Canada and the USA. Meanwhile I haven't forgotten my readers.  have a new book coming sometime in June called Notes on Love, I'm looking   forward to you all meeting Gray Dennison, once again this book is a bit different from the others I've written, but i hope you enjoy the story.


What book are you reading now?
 Ready For Love, book #19 in the Forever and Ever Series E.L. Todd (there's 47 in the series!


Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next?
I normally have one day off and start immediately on the next book. It's the best way to clear my head. After the Everything trilogy characters I found it was the best way to move foward. Before that it felt like those people were real. 
Are the names of the characters in your novels important?
  Yes, very. I want to take quite ordinary names and make the people extraordinary. 


What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
  Sleep, food, exercise, interaction with people who read the books, reading to clear my mind and support from my fellow authors, readers and family. 

What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?
  Personally, I don't know no one has ever said anything to my face so I'm good. lol.  


How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not going to criticize someone who doesn't like the story or doesn't connect with a character. Books are read by people from all walks of liife some have more experience and others and that can reflect in the subject matter and how easily someone identifies with the people or situations given. I never get offended when someone writes a 'bad' review. It's a review based, usually a layman's opinion of the work.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
  Finding good editors and marketing. I think these have equal status because writing a book is only the beginning of the journey, making it polished and getting it out there involves other people.  


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned I can connect emotionally with my readers through words. When someone tells me i made them cry, laugh, get frustrated or hot under the collar, knowing I can do that with the stories I tell gives me great pleasure. 
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes! In all of them. In the Everything trilogy it is a story of a young girl, miles from home with an insecure network of support. We see how that affects her. In book two we see her finding her identity and her growth from the network around her, and in book three it shows how far her maturity and judgement guide her.

   In The Last Score series the books are about not judging a book by it's cover or allowing someone's past to affect how they are judged for who they become. It also deals with some heavy issues but in the context of a          serendipity story. 
   In Ready For Flynn, it is about strength coming from tragedy and not assuming because someone is young they are incapable of great things, it's about how love heals, trust and undeniable love.
   Missing Beats the message there is about how personal beliefs can close someone's mind to accepting opportunities by how early attachments affect us as people and what we can and struggle to accept in others. it is        a story about finding strength when facing adversity and making hard choices.

Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?

No. I'm not interesting enough. 
Describe in 5 words, your writing:
Emotive, unhurried, humorous, believable,passionate/steamy.
What do you use to write your book?

My laptop.
Do you listen to music while you write or read?
  Always. I can't live without music. 


If you could write with any other author(s) who would it be and why?
  Not sure. 




NON- BOOK QUESTIONS

When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
A midwife

Did/Do you have a nickname?
No apart from my penname.

What are your pet peeves?
Squeezing the toothpaste in the middle, rude people.
What is your favourite coffee shop drink?
Hot Chocolate
What's your favourite tv show?

What is your favourite kind of cookie?
Maple syrup and pecan nuts
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have and why?

Adam Levine, a container full of imperishable foods. and my guitar. Adam is multi-functional. I'm sure he could entertain me in all ways, singing, playing guitar, I could study his artwork up close, I could like said artwork, he could teach me some cool riffs on my guitar. I think we'd make some great music together. So to clarify, no boat, no phone no way off the island.
Where would you go if you had a time machine?
 I'd like to say something really cool and historical but then i think rotten teeth, disease, no running water, so maybe I'd go back to being a kid and listening better, ie, ignoring all those naysayers that constantly told me these   were my boundaries and I shouldn't aim higher in life. Not that I'm not happy now but it has taken a long time for me to believe i can achieve what I set out to. 

Which is your favorite quote?
  
Whenever you doubt how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, the battles you have won, and the fears you have overcome.
If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be?
Maple butter
What song best describes you?


"I LIVED" One Republic
THIS OR THAT

Pepsi or Coke

Pepsi
Michael Fassbender or  Colin Farrell
Michael Fassbender

Cows or Sheep
Cows

. Castle or Town house
Castle

City or Country
Country
Lover or Fighter
Lover

Pop or Rock Music
Pfft, Rock

80’s or 90’s
80's

Singing or dancing
Singing





White Rose Author Signing 
York, UK, 13th May 2017 
Hosted White Rose Author Events, L Chapman, Krissy V
 In association with Hooked on book's & Cherry0Blossom



No comments:

Post a Comment