Sunday 30 April 2017

Get To Know - James Grey

Book Questions


Tell us your latest news?

I finished the Emma series at last! And the third and final book, Her Calling, will launch exclusively in paperback in York! 


What book are you reading now?

The Master and Margerita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next?

I don't get into my characters' mind enough, I would say! 


Are the names of the characters in your novels important?

Not too much, I just try to avoid names that annoy people and which I like. Sometimes girl characters have the names of girls I have liked or enjoyed in my life ;) 
 

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

Keep a regular social life going. And shack up with somebody who has a day job, so you can quit yours. 


What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?


One of my scenes in Breaking Free was described as bordering on rape. That wasn't cool. 

How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

Luckily I have had very few. I don't mind constructive criticism but it is annoying when people buy erotic books and then complain they are erotic, for example! 


What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Sitting down for enough hours and doing it. I find it helps to go away to the country for a weekend, far from anywhere and everyone. Paying for an Air BnB focuses my mind!


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Writing about Emma has helped me know what I want in life, and what's important.  


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

With the Emma series, especially, I think the message is quite clear by the end, but I don't want to spoil the surprise! Her Desire Awakened gives the message that a woman can live out each and every fantasy if she wants to.  

Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?

Not particularly, although I would enjoy being Christian Grey! 

Describe in 5 words, your writing:


What do you use to write your book?

Occasionally I write by hand, but mostly I type straight into computer.  

Do you listen to music while you write or read?

Occasionally classical music. Nothing with words works for me.  

If you could write with any other author(s) who would it be and why?

I'd love to write with a female author who is big in the erotica world. It would be great to have some help with describing male characters, and also to try bringing double perspective to a story or a scene. 



NON- BOOK QUESTIONS


When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

Astronaut 

Did/Do you have a nickname?
Not really 


What are your pet peeves?

Things that take longer than they should. And technology that doesn't work. 


What is your favourite coffee shop drink?
Latte, but sometimes I branch out into chai latte 


What's your favourite tv show?
Big Bang Theory 

What is your favourite kind of cookie?
Chocolate chip! 


If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have and why?

Beautiful woman, TV with all the sport channels in the world, and a fridge that keeps on refilling itself. 


Where would you go if you had a time machine?

Back to the eighties! 


Which is your favorite quote?

Winston Churchill: If you stop and throw a stone at every dog that barks, you will never reach your destination. 


If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be?

Lemon 

What song best describes you?

None I can think of 



THIS OR THAT

Pepsi or Coke
Coke 

Michael Fassbender or  Colin Farrell
Don't know either 

Cows or Sheep

Sheep! Cows can hurt you. And lamb tastes good. 

. Castle or Town house

Castle 

City or Country

Country 

Lover or Fighter

Lover 

Pop or Rock Music

Rock 

80’s or 90’s

90s 

Singing or dancing


Singing 

No comments:

Post a Comment