Tuesday 18 April 2017

Get To Know You Interview - Ava Manello





Book Questions



Tell us your latest news?

​I’ve just released ’The Non Adventures of Alice the Erotic Author’ - it’s a laugh out loud short read with a touch of kink.  Sadly the non adventures are often based on real experiences of mine so I’m sure readers will be able to identify with poor Alice.​

What book are you reading now?

​I’m in between books at the moment but I’ve been reading Tracie Podger, K. L. Shandwick, Andrea Long, C. D. Reiss, Jaimie McGuire of late.​

Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next?
​You never get the characters out of your mind.​

Are the names of the characters in your novels important?

​Sometimes.​

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

​Write the book you want to read, not the one that everyone else tells you to write.

What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer?


​Not sure anyone has ever said anything demeaning to me, most people seem fascinated by the fact I’m a writer.​

How do you react to a bad review of one of your books?

​It depends if it’s constructive.  If it is then I take note of what’s said and either decide that what that reader wanted doesn’t fit with what I wanted, or I take it on board for the next book I write.  Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, and we can’t all like everything.  Sometimes you just have to accept that some people have nothing nice to say about anyone and ignore the bad review.​

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

​Finding the time, I work full time now and have been under a lot of pressure at work, so this book took almost two years to complete.​

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

​Yes… I need more ’non-adventures’ in my life.​

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

​We’re all human, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going.​

Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie?

​No​

Describe in 5 words, your writing:

​Easy to read kink escape​




What do you use to write your book?




​My first book was written on an iPad then formatted in Word, these days I tend to write in Word on my MacBook.

Do you listen to music while you write or read?


​Nearly all the time, Hinder, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Nickelback, Buckcherry, Halestorm, Five Finger Death Punch and the like​

If you could write with any other author(s) who would it be and why?

​Andie M. Long because she makes me laugh out loud​



NON- BOOK QUESTIONS


When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?

​An air hostess ;-)​

Did/Do you have a nickname?

​Flowerpot as a child​



What are your pet peeves?

​Dishonesty, drinking so much you have a day long hangover the day after, and rudeness​

What is your favourite coffee shop drink?

​Americano​
What's your favourite tv show?

​No particular favourite ​



What is your favourite kind of cookie?

​Oat and Raisin​

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have and why?

Generator, iPad and suncream as I’d be able to read all day​



Where would you go if you had a time machine?

​To see Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, and other cool historical moments​

Which is your favorite quote?

​Run Fat Boy Run - I’m sick of being a nearly man​



If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be?


​Rum and Raising​





THIS OR THAT

Pepsi or Coke
​ - Diet Coke​

Michael Fassbender or  Colin Farrell
​ - Neither​


Cows or Sheep


​ - Sheep​


. Castle or Town house
​- Castle​


City or Country
​ - Country​

Lover or Fighter
​ - Lover​

Pop or Rock Music


​ - Rock​


80’s or 90’s
​ - 80s​


Singing or dancing
​ - I’m equally as bad at both​

No comments:

Post a Comment