Saturday 25 March 2017

Get to know you interview - Brenda Kenndy



Book Questions

Tell us your latest news? Currently writing book 2 of the Learning trilogy, and I’m releasing book one March 21st, 2017.


What book are you reading now? I just finished The Magnolia Story written by Chip and Joanna Gaines.


Your books are so emotional. How long does it take for you to be able to get the characters out of your mind and move on to the next? I think this is why I write trilogies. My characters tend to stay with me for months.

Are the names of the characters in your novels important? Most are, yes. For instance, my Dad’s name was Carl, but his friends and family called him Bud. Because of this I was able to write him in two trilogies.


What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer? To find time to write, and to know when to take a break.

What is the most demeaning thing said about you as a writer? Too many to name. People can be cruel.


How do you react to a bad review of one of your books? Read it then try to forget it. It’s subjective. Everyone has an opinion. Some bad reviewers have a valid point and I try to listen and make the necessary changes to improve my writing.


What was the hardest part of writing your book? Finding quiet time in a house full of kids and a loud husband.


Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learned that my characters remind me of me. They’re fighters and are stronger than they give themselves credit for.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? Definitely. Chase your dreams and embrace your independence. Also, your white and shining armor is waiting for you.


Have you ever read or seen yourself as a character in a book or a movie? I’m a little part of everyone… well almost everyone.


Describe in 5 words, your writing: Heartfelt, meaningful, humorous, suspenseful, and true to life. Okay, so I went over a few words. I had to. :)

What do you use to write your book? A laptop and a comfy chair.  I’ve also been known to use a napkin, an old bill, and an inmate roaster. Don’t judge. (I worked in a jail for twenty years.)


Do you listen to music while you write or read? Only for a wedding scene. I always need inspiration for those.


If you could write with any other author(s) who would it be and why? Sherryl Woods. I love her, her books, and her characters. She’s truly my inspiration. E.L. James, she’s amazing and she’s inspiration so many people, not just authors. John Grisham, he’s incredible. There’s truly too many to list. Nora Roberts, she’s also amazing.




NON- BOOK QUESTIONS

When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? Rich


Did/Do you have a nickname? No

What are your pet peeves? I can’t think of any.

What is your favourite coffee shop drink? Chai tea

What's your favourite tv show? Doc Martin. I love Martin Clunes

What is your favourite kind of cookie? No bake Oatmeal cookies

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have and why? Unlimited food, water, and shelter. To live.

Where would you go if you had a time machine? My grandson is in Italy serving the Army. I would travel there to see him. I miss him dearly. Is heaven an option? I miss my parents dearly.

Which is your favorite quote? Hope is being able to see the light, despite the darkness

If you were an ice cream what flavor would you be? Mint chocolate

What song best describes you? I’ll get back to you on that one



THIS OR THAT

Pepsi or Coke Coke

Cows or Sheep Cows

. Castle or Town house Castle

City or Country Country

Lover or Fighter Lover

Pop or Rock Music Country lol

80’s or 90’s 80’s

Singing or dancing I can’t do either



No comments:

Post a Comment